a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Creative Ceramics..

My Grandfather had a pottery. So for my entire childhood we visited that pottery often, The Old Jar Pottery. I always loved the pottery that he created, but the older I get the more nostalgic I become. I love seeing his pottery at family members homes, the odd antiques shop thrills me & trying to collect bits & pieces of his work wherever I can. I have struck it lucky a few times, but the most memorable piece for me was the awesome ELEPHANT. Every birthday, as I was the eldest granddaughter, I got to empty all the coins out of this awesome animal. Having gone back to my home town for a bit I felt as though I had slipped back into another life time. The memories were insane & actually quite overwhelming..I slipped down memory lane...

How adorable is this little (big) guy!!

I will post more of my wonderful Grandfathers work over the next few weeks.. in the meantime, look what I achieved; not nearly as good or professional, but hoping that it as inspirational...gotta love those memories...
Not bad for an amateur!! And so much fun...


No comments:

Post a Comment