a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a

Monday, August 31, 2015

Keeping it local & getting a little old school...

I am still in the process of keeping all gifts as local as possible. Not that easy always, I must admit. 
In doing a little Spring cleaning (one of my favourite past times), I found tons of fabric and embroidery cotton that I was at some stage going to do great things...however, doing a clean out is sometimes the best way to get ones act together....having a few baby showers coming up and wanting to do something more personal and special I decided to finally start my projects and they surprisingly turned out very well....

The cottons and things were in quite a state so I decided to do a very quick, very basic cleanup...it is amazing how cleaning up can make life so much easier and more manageable.


Starting with cute shapes that I had found, the project progressed from there...once the embroidery was done, I was a little lost as to what to do with them...a very clever creative friend gave me the cushion idea and so it progressed from there...I was thrilled with the result and it was so much quicker then I thought it would be..

With the pretty fabric on the back, it is such a sweet gift and the mom to be was thrilled...

Keeping it simple and local...besides I really enjoyed it...


Since discovering my new talent I have loads of projects on the list..no pressure of course, but gradually I will be getting through them and posting them as I go along...so watch this creative space...



No comments:

Post a Comment