a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a

Monday, March 23, 2015

Frozen Extraordinaire...

It has taken me a week to pluck up the courage to once again dissect the day that was 'Frozen', that's right, I am still exhausted and the thought sends shivers down my spine, however, it is over, we all survived and I live to tell the tale....

The crazy wheel continued to turn and 1.5 weeks later, after the 'Harry Potter Debacle', there I am screaming around town looking for anything that resembles Frozen, Olaf, Anna and Elsa. Yes, the glorious cast of Frozen (which by the way I am totally done with). Okay, so yes, I am the first to admit that Frozen is one of my favourite Disney's ever, but hell, we all know every word to every song; that includes the super cool 8 year old, the angel with the most incredible patience, my nanny, my very 'cool' husband and I (when are we going to realise that we really are not that cool anymore)! Thankfully we are dealing with pretty awesome soundtrack, but really, enough is enough..

I found glitter, edible glitter that is, icing to make our own snowflakes (we still have a deep freeze full of sugar icing snowflakes...), the healthiest 'blue' food colouring (yes, it actually exists), balloons, napkins, plates and low and behold I even found a table cloth. Besides being exhausted, literally seeing blue and feeling the overwhelming concern that the 3 year old may be disappointed, I was actually doing okay...

The count down began, with 5 days to go; Day 1, biscuits that ended up snowballs and not snowflakes, but thankfully delicious. Day 2, white chocolate, coloured blue, as 'ice' shards, with silver balls and sparkles for the cake. Day 3, finalised the shop with a couple of bottles of sparkling wine for the insane parents. Day 4, baked the most beautiful blue layered cake.. Day 5, on the morning of the party the said cake was then attacked by the dog...thanks to a very calm husband and a little time we remade the said cake and off we went without too much hysteria...

My wonderful very calm and capable husband then helped me to ice this cake and voila!!! 
It worked....


The final touch for a very impatient 3 year old was the Elsa dress from mom and dad for a beautiful princess..and as she slid the dress over her head, the glint and thrill in her eyes was worth every second of every minute of this huge 'Frozen Mission'! Let me not forget the wonderful Penny from Enchanted Parties..wow, she really is awesome 0216830295..



Success 2 complete! Now I can truly breathe and relax until next year! Shew...

In the interim, I have discovered a rather wonderful option...definitely worth checking out and half the stress, try Creative Party (creativeparty.co.za), it's pretty amazing, in fact I am definitely going to investigate a bit more...very reasonably priced and gorgeous ideas....so take a look....

No comments:

Post a Comment