a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Time....a lack of it.......

Approaching the beginning of every year I decide that 'this year' I will slow down, take things easy, focus on as little as possible, be an exemplary mother and live in the present. Take my time, no rushing, no stress and to always plan and be prepared!

However, by the 2nd January, I am already running around planning, making sure that we make the most of every second of the rest of the holidays, making sure that this year I will be the fittest and healthiest and of course the best wife and friend...that is A LOT of being the best!!! It's exhausting...

So the only person I can blame is myself...I mean no one else puts pressure on us like ourselves!
Prioritising becomes the priority and it becomes exhausting...
I have always been a very organised person, lists being my favourite source of keeping calm in the chaos. But as I get older and our family grows and life becomes more challenging, it seems more chaotic and more hectic, and the lists seem longer and the items get passed over to the following day...its actually a joke...juggling balls and trying to desperately keep them up in the air...oh boy!

It is quite liberating to actually just let go and not to get caught up with what hasn't been done, but rather celebrate yourself for what has been achieved.
Finding the time to be organised, well, lets just say that each year definitely becomes more difficult. Between work, children, trying to be creative, seeing friends and attempting to be a half descent wife, looking remotely glam and put together is exhausting, but those delicious monsters always win! Them and occasionally the poor husband...thank goodness for him, he is the most tolerant.....I guess, time will tell, it is after all the most valuable commodity....


No comments:

Post a Comment