a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a

Thursday, December 3, 2015

The Deep South...Cape Town's South Peninsula..Definitely worth your time....

Ever since we came back to Cape Town in 1999, my lovely husband has begged me to move to the South Peninsula, in particular Kommetjie....This however for a city girl is not heaven...so as life slowly moved on, circumstances made us take a another look at where we need to be and all the arrows pointed to the South Peninsula, in particular Kommetjie.. I was very hesitant and had a long list of requirements, because we were of course disappearing into the deep dark South....
so forward two years and I am thinking why the hell did I not do this sooner...oh my word, life here is heaven, literally... of course my husband surfs and we enjoy a lot of the outdoors, but I have never felt more free, content and basically just good old HAPPY..99% of the time. My children seem to taint the happiness at suicide hour 1% of the time!!! (all mothers will get this)

Not only do I get to work from home, this I know I am very very blessed for, but I am around for my very nutty, crazy kids... I therefore don't have to get into any traffic, unless I choose to or have the time to. I fetch my children from school most of the time which is amazing in this day and age and working from home is a nightmare with little people constantly in your office, nagging and chatting, but at least I am around (clearly need new boundaries for 2016, but for now it just has to work)

I have met some of the most divine women living in Kommetjie and Scarborough, I have not come across competitive mean spirited women, which is wonderful as I think women are awesome and we need to support each other, love each other and just be an unjudgemental friend... the guys are all great and with such a small community, everyone looks out for each other, which again in this day and age is in short supply... so life becomes very very simple..

Then there is the beauty, well, need I say more....




These are just a little taste of what one experiences daily. Now I am definitely not suggesting packing up and moving to the South Peninsula, it's quite full already, however, popping over the mountain for a visit is a great idea... come and picnic, come to the beach or simply pop into the Imhoff Farm for a wonderful family lunch, animal petting zoo which is on another level or over to Scarborough which is simply breathtaking and with the new Hub, so worth the visit...I will be posting bits and pieces whenever I have the time, so look out for the South Peninsula series, you will definitely NOT be disappointed... and it is not all hippies and surfers, there are seriously creative amazing people here....




All images taken by myself and my husband DJ Mac

No comments:

Post a Comment